Welcome to Auckland Foundation Year! We look forward to meeting our new students during the orientation day on 30th September. The day has been designed to give you all relevant information you need before the term starts. It is also a great opportunity to meet our teachers and staff and get to know other students.
Please bring your passport and offer letter with you on the day.
Date: Friday 30 September 2016
Time: 08.30 am – 12.30 pm
- 08.30 – 09.00 am: Registration: Passport, Visa, and medical insurance check and Health Information Forms
Room 4.15, on level 4
- 09.15 am: IT information
- 09.30 am: General school information
- 09.45 am: Student Welfare information
- 10.00 am: Refreshment Mix and mingle
- 10.30 am: Welcome and Introduction to Taylors College by our Campus Director
- 10.45 am: Introduction to AFY programmes by our Director of Studies and Tertiary Counsellor,
- 11.00 am: Explanations of the subjects, the university courses/careers these might lead on to. This is also a chance to meet AFY Teachers
At Room 4.12, on level 4
- 11.45 am: Go to Room 4.12 for Student ID photos, you will also receive your timetable and go on a tour of the college from here, and the day will conclude at 12.30pm approximately.
You will return to the college on Monday 3 October to class according to your timetable. Your subject teachers will assist you to:
- Purchase course books
- Hire lockers (not compulsory) - $30 for the year (Padlock included) and $15 refundable at the end of the course.