Welcome to Auckland Foundation Year! We look forward to meeting our new students during the orientation day at the beginning of each intake. The day has been designed to give you all relevant information you need before the term starts. It is also a great opportunity to meet our teachers and staff and get to know other students.
Please bring your passport and offer letter with you on the day.
Friday 29 September 2017, Taylors College, 75 Karangahape Road.
Time: 08.30 am – 12.00 pm
- 08.30 – 09.00 am: Registration: Passport, Visa, and medical insurance check and Health Information Forms
On Level 4 in room 4.15.
- 09.15 am: IT information
- 09.30 am: General school information and Student Welfare information
- 10.00 am: Morning tea
- 10.15 am: Welcome from our principal, Lindsay Spedding
- 10.30 am: Introduction to AFY programme
- 11.00 am: Explanations of the subjects, the university courses/careers these might lead on to. This is also a chance to meet AFY Teachers
- 11.30 am: Students meet with Mentor Teachers and receive timetable and tour of college
You will return to the college on the following Monday to classes according to your timetable. Your subject teachers will assist you to:
- Purchase course books
- Hire lockers (not compulsory) - $30 for the year (Padlock included) and $15 refundable at the end of the course.