You will need to have a current student visa while you are a student in New Zealand.
To apply for a student visa in your home country before leaving New Zealand, please contact Immigration New Zealand (INZ) or use the services of an authorized Taylors College Agent.
Taylors College offers an online visa renewal service on-campus for students already studying in New Zealand or at Taylors College.
How to apply for a student visa
- Fill in our online application form to study at Taylors College
- Once we have received and assessed your application, we will send you a Letter of Offer.
- Pay your academic fees
- Once we have received payment, we will send you an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). If you are under 18 years of age, you will need to ensure that you have appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements.
- Submit your visa application form supporting documents and fee to your education agent or direct to Immigration New Zealand in your country or nearest you.
A detailed ‘Step by Step’ guide to obtaining a student visa is available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
What are your student visa obligations?
- You can work up to 20 hours per week in New Zealand during the academic year and full time during the Christmas Holiday break. However, you must remember the main purpose that you are here is to study. If your studies start to fall behind you will have to give up working.
- You must attend 100 percent of school contact hours and achieve satisfactory results. You must have a medical certificate or other satisfactory documentation to explain absences. Taylors College will monitor your attendance very closely. Parents will be informed if you are not attending classes.
- You must maintain adequate arrangements for travel and health insurance during your stay in New Zealand.
- If you are under 18 years of age and do not intend to live in New Zealand with a parent, custodian or nominated relative, Taylors College can arrange a staff member to act as your caregiver.
- You must inform Taylors College within 7 days of your arrival in New Zealand of your current residential address and of any changes of address within 7 days of each change.
Check out these links on the Immigration New Zealand website for more information