University Foundation Studies
The Intensive Programme is designed for students who have higher English and academic grades. Students who choose this option must cover the same amount of material as in the standard programme but in a shorter time frame.
Who should do this course?
- Apply for this course if you have not achieved the entry criteria for degree study at the University of Auckland, AUT University, Massey University or other tertiary institutes.
- If you want to fast track to University - this program allows you to complete AFY over a shorter period.
- If you have a higher English score - a minimum overall IELTS score of 5.5, writing no less than 5.5 or approved equivalent
- If you have superior grades in your relevant subjects
What will I study?
- You will study English and a choice of 4 elective subjects.
And select 4 subjects from
Maths A (Statistics);
Maths B (Calculus);
Need more info? See detailed subject descriptions for the AFY Standard and Intensive programmes.
Which intake is right for me?
To be able to choose the right intake, you'll need to know two things:
- Which subjects are compulsory for entry to The University of Auckland, AUT University or Massey University undergraduate degree you want to study.
See: Minimum entry requirements for AUT University, Massey University and The University of Auckland
- Whether you meet the requirements for the Foundation intake >
Am I eligible?
To be admitted to Taylors College, you must meet certain English language and academic requirements. Generally, you must have achieved satisfactory grades in subjects similar to the ones you want to study at Taylors College.
Please view the start dates for the Intensive programme.
If you would like more information about our courses please contact a Student Enrolment Advisor today, or you can apply online.